*A trip for two to sunny Las Vegas, entry to 2007's Interbike and the chance to ogle all the new cycling goodies slated to hit the shelves in 2008*

*A 2008 Mission 3, Diamondback’s versatile all-mountain machine. Nimble, efficient and stable, the Mission 3 features Shimano’s new Deore XT components, including the Shadow rear derailleur and high power disc brakes.*

*15 minutes of fame in a Diamondback ad that will appear in Dirt Rag featuring the winner on their new Mission 3.*

*Swag from Dirt Rag, Diamondback, Fox Racing Shox, Rockshox, Shimano and WTB. *

To enter, simply go to diamondback.com and click on the “What’s Your Mission?” button to submit your all-mountain inspiring description and photo.

You will also find the fine print there, too, but here’s some to get you started: No purchase necessary to enter or win. One entry per person. Void where prohibited by law. Contest submissions will be accepted from May 1 through August 1, 2007. Entrant must both author their description and take the photo submitted

Friday, June 29, 2007

Deb F. - Fort Collins, CO

What’s my mission? You know it’s going to be a great day when you start off riding your bike. I commute to work on my trusty steed. I get up at 4am and after chowing down a fast breakfast, it’s my bike and I hitting the urban trail in the wee hours of the morning. My favorite part of the ride is my knobby tires humming as I spin my legs and start to really wake up as the cool morning air hits my face. My coffee kicks in and the tire’s rhythm gets faster as I pedal harder. My pace quickens and I start to fly down a street that is normally congested with traffic during “regular” day hours. As I ride up an incline my body and bike become one, I look around and see what others miss as they are still sleeping. I see a red tail fox in an open grassy area as I take my bike over to the left hand turning lane designed for cars, and bikes. A smile forms on my face as I see the fox watch me merge into the turning lane. I smile because we both acknowledge the other, but yet we both stay our course of our morning’s journey. As I race down the urban trail to work, my mind wonders to my afternoon mtn. bike ride I will share with my riding buddy. We ride because we both enjoy cycling. Her husband thought we would make for good riding buddies because we are evenly matched on both our mtn. and road bikes. I love flying down the hills, and she picks better lines up hills. Together we ride and pass our skills on to each other, so we both become better riders. My passion for cycling isn’t just riding my bike; it’s the very essence of including cycling into my lifestyle, and it being a part of most things I do. My mission is sharing a precious moment with others while biking and allowing them to experience the love of bikes enough that they too will want to include their bikes into their lifestyles as well. Life itself is technical enough in general, but it’s way more fun when you can ride it. Life is all about the ultimate ride, and being one with yourself and your bike as you pedal thru life. It gives me great pleasure to see more bicycles around over cars.