*A trip for two to sunny Las Vegas, entry to 2007's Interbike and the chance to ogle all the new cycling goodies slated to hit the shelves in 2008*

*A 2008 Mission 3, Diamondback’s versatile all-mountain machine. Nimble, efficient and stable, the Mission 3 features Shimano’s new Deore XT components, including the Shadow rear derailleur and high power disc brakes.*

*15 minutes of fame in a Diamondback ad that will appear in Dirt Rag featuring the winner on their new Mission 3.*

*Swag from Dirt Rag, Diamondback, Fox Racing Shox, Rockshox, Shimano and WTB. *

To enter, simply go to diamondback.com and click on the “What’s Your Mission?” button to submit your all-mountain inspiring description and photo.

You will also find the fine print there, too, but here’s some to get you started: No purchase necessary to enter or win. One entry per person. Void where prohibited by law. Contest submissions will be accepted from May 1 through August 1, 2007. Entrant must both author their description and take the photo submitted

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Matt K. - Kenosh, WI

It all started during the '06 summer. I saved money all summer to buy a my first DH bike. I had my heart set on the Mongoose EC-D. By the end of summer I had only saved up about half the money. Around christmas time I made an agreement with my parents. They said they would pay the other half but it would be my christmas gift. I wouldn't get anything else. So I agreed and got my first DH bike. I loved it and rode it every day. One friday when I was riding home from school a car blew the 4 - way stop and hit me on my bike. I was in the hospital over night with a few minor injuries.... I was knocked out of both my shoes and has 10 stitches in my left heal, and scrapes on every toe. I also had scrapes and bruises on both legs and the whole left side of my face was one big scraped piece of road rash. The worst part was the bike was totalled. I only had it 18 days and barely put over a hundred miles on it. I was on crutches for about 2 months. It took 10 days for the stitches to come out and then it ripped open again and it had to be glued and taped shut. I was on crutches until the end of February. It was the longest winter of my life. Now... nearly 7 months later my bike has yet to be replaced and just sits in my garage... I am not allowed to do anything to it until I hear from the insurance company. Every day I ride just because I am lucky to be here now.