*A trip for two to sunny Las Vegas, entry to 2007's Interbike and the chance to ogle all the new cycling goodies slated to hit the shelves in 2008*

*A 2008 Mission 3, Diamondback’s versatile all-mountain machine. Nimble, efficient and stable, the Mission 3 features Shimano’s new Deore XT components, including the Shadow rear derailleur and high power disc brakes.*

*15 minutes of fame in a Diamondback ad that will appear in Dirt Rag featuring the winner on their new Mission 3.*

*Swag from Dirt Rag, Diamondback, Fox Racing Shox, Rockshox, Shimano and WTB. *

To enter, simply go to diamondback.com and click on the “What’s Your Mission?” button to submit your all-mountain inspiring description and photo.

You will also find the fine print there, too, but here’s some to get you started: No purchase necessary to enter or win. One entry per person. Void where prohibited by law. Contest submissions will be accepted from May 1 through August 1, 2007. Entrant must both author their description and take the photo submitted

Friday, July 6, 2007

Neil K. - Colorado Springs, CO

Hi, I am a large guy as you can see. I have used mtn biking as a means to stay connected with my children. Who are now 18 and riding fools! This has been a mission of mine since the kids were born. I have used cycling as an outlet for them to get into and really work hard at. Which has also kept them off of drugs, and away from alcohol. My story, I am now 51years old, I am 300 lbs, and according to my Doc's I have diabetes and asthma. I ride as often as I can the 32mile round trip for work. Yes I try to commute. My children and I share a great bond I believe becuase I have always been able to ride with them. This has created a trust between us that is not normal in todays teen adult relaesonships. I believe that because of the cycle, and Faith, has brought our family together and helped keep it together. We travel together to ski area's to ride, we talk about everything together, we talk about our dreams for tomorrow together. I think that was because cycling has kept us within reach of each other. Now, my sons are greater down hill riders than I ever want to be, but they stop and wait for me as we share the double black diamond trails together, or just glide on the blues, or greens. Cycling along Faith has made my house a home. The mission was to help my family grow and stay whole. I believe that cycling has done that. I have found that cycling, when started together will stay together.