*A trip for two to sunny Las Vegas, entry to 2007's Interbike and the chance to ogle all the new cycling goodies slated to hit the shelves in 2008*

*A 2008 Mission 3, Diamondback’s versatile all-mountain machine. Nimble, efficient and stable, the Mission 3 features Shimano’s new Deore XT components, including the Shadow rear derailleur and high power disc brakes.*

*15 minutes of fame in a Diamondback ad that will appear in Dirt Rag featuring the winner on their new Mission 3.*

*Swag from Dirt Rag, Diamondback, Fox Racing Shox, Rockshox, Shimano and WTB. *

To enter, simply go to diamondback.com and click on the “What’s Your Mission?” button to submit your all-mountain inspiring description and photo.

You will also find the fine print there, too, but here’s some to get you started: No purchase necessary to enter or win. One entry per person. Void where prohibited by law. Contest submissions will be accepted from May 1 through August 1, 2007. Entrant must both author their description and take the photo submitted

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Roque C. - Grand Rapids, MI

I thought for weeks about my fave portion of trail. The long, grinding climbs? The tight twitchbacks flinging and thrashing my bikes in all directions? The loose downhills with root-enabled flying drop-offs casting me to the wind? Maybe the sandpits that rob me of my mojo in the corners? How about the tunnel of trees and brush winding through the woods, blind corner after blind corner? Well, I love it all. Then, just the other day, my riding group was regrouping at the trailhead and started swapping gab. We had already completed a full loop and were prepping for another. Wiping the sweat from my brows, I looked up and saw my favorite part of the trail. Actually, all trails I have and will ride. The slightly winding line disappearing into the waist-tall grass. Rocks and sand only hinting at the fun, challenge and possible disasters the trail has to offer. The trees looming in the distance ready to swallow us all whole with the only real escape miles down the thin brown line. And the most significant aspect of the shot? The big post proudly displaying “START”… where it all begins. The trail. The adventure. The comradery. The suffering. The stories. And best of all, the ride. Thank you.